Over the past months APPCIOS has worked hard to provide thinking spaces so that we can all support one another in these anxious times.
We're providing live online discussion groups, we’ve successfully hosted our first online conference, and we've had an influx of new members - some young and inexperienced.
Many more people are learning to use our Community Site, and booking in to our events.
So now we want to expand the core group that keeps APPCIOS going.
Can you help us?
We just need a few hours of your expertise and time.
Here are some ideas:
- We’re trying to raise money for a subscription to PEP to give our students access to psychoanalytic journals.
- We welcome donations.
- Write a few blog entries.
- We really appreciate blogs and comments posted on our community site.
- Contribute a paper or an article
- Our library shelves are bare and we are grateful for contributions. Please send us your unpublished papers, or join our monthly authors’ meetings where you can post and discuss draft articles for comments in a safe and confidential environment. Go here for more details.
- Help with the Site
- We're working to improve its design and accessibility - we’d love your thoughts.
And there are other little tasks you might want to take on - just get in touch and ask!
If you’re a full APPCIOS member, how about some paid work?
- Lead a webinar
- Webinar leaders decide on a subject area in discussion with APPCIOS and pay APPCIOS a percentage of their fee
- Take on patients or supervisees online
- We keep a list of recommended therapists and supervisors - just email us to discuss how this works.
And if you're feeling generous and could work on a voluntary basis you could:
- Become a mentor:
- Mentors meet with junior members three times a year and attend the occasional mentoring meeting.
- Lead a discussion group:
- Volunteers convene discussion groups on any topic that interests them. Groups can be one-off, or ongoing, and you can choose to run them alone or ask for someone to help you.
Just click here to write us an email, and we’ll make a time to think with you about what you might like to do and how we can support you to do it.
We look forward to speaking to you soon.