March 2022 Newsletter
Dear Community Site user
Here is the latest news: a new Members Group, a Research Request, our fabulous PEP subscription offer, and Advance Notice of our Annual Conference on 7 May
* Sat 5th March: Our first APPCIOS Members Group
Have you ever wanted to present a paper and wondered if you dared? Are you looking for a supportive group to try out your ideas? Do you enjoy thinking collaboratively with colleagues?
We kick off this series of five meetings through 2022 with Jason Mitchell presenting his paper on Trauma in Adoption on 5th March at 10.00 - 12.30
Would you like to present?
Do you have a paper not in its finished form? A paper that you might want to present at a conference or put forward for publication? Or any other ideas you want to share with others? If yes, we would like to hear from you.
What to expect.
The idea is that the presenter talks for up to one and a half hours (though presentations can be much shorter than this), leaving at least 45 minutes for discussion.
Do I have to present?
No. The meeting is not just about presenting but also about listening, thinking and talking with others. Please come along and join in: there is no expectation that all attendees should present!
How do I join?
Further meetings on 15 May, 16 July, 18 September, 19 November (alternating Saturdays/Sundays)
* A Research Study you may be interested in joining:
Do you work with birth mothers whose children have been forcibly removed?
Dawn Clark wants to hear from you!
I am a research student at Oxford Brookes University, as part of a Qualification in Counselling Psychology (QCOP). I would like to invite you to take part in my qualitative study.
I am looking for psychologists or psychotherapists, counsellors who:
- Are HCPC, BPC, UKCP or BACP registered.
- Have at least two years post qualification clinical experience.
- Have worked with birth mothers whose children have been forcibly removed or are at risk of this.
In this study you will be asked to
- Take part in an online digitally recorded interview with me and share your work experiences of this client group
If you would like to take part in this study, please contact me Dawn Clark
I will then send you further information (Participant Information Leaflet); then contact you a couple of days later to see whether you would like to participate.
* APPCIOS members can take advantage of our fabulous PEP subscription for half price and no joining fee! Go here for all the details.
* Finally, advance notice of the APPCIOS annual conference on 7th May
Many thanks and we hope that despite the storms you're enjoying the early Spring!